Yoon Jong-bin is the director and co-writer of the South Korean streaming television series Narco Saints, which stars Ha Jung-woo, Hwang Jung-min, Park Hae-soo, Jo Woo-jin, Yoo Yeon-seok, and Nubel Feliz Yan. Based on actual events, the show portrays a regular businessman who is forced to risk his life by assisting government authorities on a covert mission to apprehend a South Korean drug kingpin operating in Suriname. In order to create comparisons to Netflix’s previous similarly-premised series Narcos (2015–2017) and Narcos: Mexico (2018–2021), the latter series’ “play next,” which links to Narco-Saints, it was published on September 9, 2022, along with an English language dub renamed Narco-Saints.
Narco Saints: Total Episode List, Run Time, Cast, Storyline
Episodes & Runtime :
- Episode 1: Kang In-gu, the main character, suffers from bad forces while doing business in Suriname. Then, some Surinamese pastor says he can help him.
- Episode 2: Kang In-gu grows his influence in prison, following the instructions of a secret agent.
- Episode 3: After Jeon Yo-hwan’s investigation, Koo Sang-man and Jeon Yo-hwan start trading.
- Episode 4: When the route to South Korea was blocked by the military, Sangman suggests another route.
- Episode 5: Kang In-gu fails to persuade pastor Jeon; So In-gu and Koo Sang-man get a new plan.
- Episode 6: Everything is going as planned, but the pastor makes an unexpected action. So a rescue plan is launched to save Kang In-gu who is left in Suriname.
|Episode 1||63 minutes|
|Episode 2||61 minutes|
|Episode 3||66 minutes|
|Episode 4||52 minutes|
|Episode 5||69 minutes|
|Episode 6||63 minutes|
- Ha Jung-woo as Kang In-gu, A businessman who arrived in Suriname for skate business, only to be forcefully pulled in by the National Intelligence Service for a secret operation to catch Yo-hwan.
- Hwang Jung-min as Jeon Yo-hwan, A Korean drug lord currently based in Suriname, moonlighting as a pastor.
- Park Hae-soo as Choi Chang-ho, The team leader of the National Intelligence Service’s Branch in the Americas.
- Jo Woo-jin as Byeon Ki-tae, The right-hand man of Yo-hwan; he was formerly under the Chinese organisation before betraying to work for Yo-hwan.
- Yoo Yeon-seok as David Julio Park, The consultant lawyer for Yo-hwan.
In South America, where the National Intelligence Service has focused its attention on a drug lord operating there. The intelligence service enlists the assistance of a regular businessman who had set out to get wealthy in Suriname but ended up getting sucked into the world of drug trafficking instead.
- Also known as: The Accidental Narco[
- Genre: Thriller, Crime
- Created by: Netflix
- Written by: Yoon Jong-bin, Kwon Sung-hui
- Directed by: Yoon Jong-bin
- Country of origin: South Korea
- Original languages: Korean, English, Mandarin, Dutch, Spanish, Brazilian, Portuguese
- No. of episodes: 6
- Producers: Kang Myung-chan, Koo Soo-ran
- Original release: September 9, 2022