1899 Season 1 Total Episodes: Jantje Friese and Baran bo Odar are the creators of the multilingual German epic period mystery-science fiction television series 1899. On November 17, 2022, Netflix announced its debut. The majority of the reviews in the media have been favourable, praising the film’s acting, directing, photography, and casting. However, some have criticised the film’s tempo as being too slow. Two additional seasons are planned by the creators.
The Peripheral Total Episode List, Length, Run Time, and Cast
1899 Season 1 Total Episode List, Writer, Director, Run Time
|Title||Written by||Run time|
|“The Ship”||Jantje Friese||50 minutes|
|“The Boy”||Jantje Friese & Dario Madrona López Gallego||50 minutes|
|“The Fog”||Jantje Friese & Emma Ko||50 minutes|
|“The Fight”||Jantje Friese & Jerome Bucchan-Nelson||50 minutes|
|“The Calling”||Jantje Friese & Juliana Lima Dehne||50 minutes|
|“The Pyramid”||Jantje Friese & Emil Nygaard Albertsen||50 minutes|
|“The Storm”||Jantje Friese||50 minutes|
|“The Key”||Jantje Friese||50 minutes|
The Rings of Power Total Episode List, Length, Run Time, and Cast
- Emily Beecham as Maura Henriette Franklin/Singleton, a neurologist and one of the first female doctors in the UK, travelling alone to America.
- Aneurin Barnard as Daniel Solace, a mysterious man who boards the Kerberos.
- Andreas Pietschmann as Eyk Larsen, the ship’s weather-beaten captain
- Miguel Bernardeau as Ángel, a wealthy Spaniard traveling with Ramiro
- José Pimentão as Ramiro, a faux Portuguese priest traveling with Ángel
- Isabella Wei as Ling Yi, a mysterious young woman from Hong Kong, traveling with Yuk Je
- Gabby Wong as Yuk Je, a middle-aged woman from Hong Kong traveling with Ling Yi
- Yann Gael [fr] as Jérôme, a French stowaway
- Mathilde Ollivier as Clémence, a young woman from the Paris elite, accompanied by her new husband Lucien
- Jonas Bloquet as Lucien, an upper class Parisian, and former Lieutenant of the French
- Foreign Legion, newly married to his wife Clémence
- Rosalie Craig as Virginia Wilson, a sociable, wealthy British woman
- Maciej Musiał as Olek, a Polish stoker on his way to New York
- Clara Rosager as Tove, a young pregnant Danish woman traveling to New York with her family
- Lucas Lynggaard Tønnesen as Krester, a young Danish man with a mysterious scar on his face
- Maria Erwolter as Iben, a religious Dane traveling with her husband Anker and children, who supposedly hears the voice of God
- Alexandre Willaume as Anker, a religious Dane going to New York with his wife Iben, his son Krester, and his daughters Tove and Ada
- Tino Mewes as Sebastian, the first mate on the Kerberos
- Isaak Dentler as Franz, the captain’s right-hand man
- Fflyn Edwards as Elliot, a.k.a. “the boy”, a mysterious mute boy found under unusual circumstances, who becomes Maura’s charge on board the Kerberos.
- Anton Lesser as Henry Singleton, a British investor and Maura’s father
A migratory steamship departs the old continent by sailing west. The passengers, a diverse group of European descent, were brought together by their aspirations for the twenty-first century and their futures abroad. But when they come across another migrant ship drifting on the open sea, their trip takes an unexpected turn. They will discover something on board that will make their journey to the promised land a terrifying nightmare.
- Original release: 17 November 2022 – present
- Running time: 50 – 62 minutes
- No. of seasons: 1
- No. of episodes: 8
- Genre: Period drama, Mystery, Supernatural Horror, Science fiction, Epic
- IMDb / Google User ratings – 7.5 / 90%
- Created by: Jantje Friese, Baran bo Odar
- Directed by: Baran bo Odar
- Theme music composer: Grace Slick
- Opening theme: “White Rabbit” by Eliot Sumner
- Composer: Ben Forst
- Country of origin: Germany
- Original languages: English, Spanish, French, Polish, German, Hindi, Urdu, Danish, Portuguese, Cantonese, Norwegian, Swedish
- Production company: Dark ways
- Original network: Netflix
1899 (TV series) FAQ
How can you change to 1899 Subtitles?
When the show begins, use your remote to choose the small speech bubble option at the bottom of the screen. The audio should be “English [Original]” and the subtitles should be “English [CC]” from there.
What is the 1899 plot?
A migrant vessel sails west to depart from the ancient continent. Their trip, though, takes a turn that nobody expected when they come across another migrant ship floating on the open sea.
Is 1899 based on a true story?
A series called “1899” that depicts a number of actual incidents reportedly hooks viewers from the first minute. 1899, a new Netflix film, is motivated by a number of incidents combining lost ships and the immigration problem in Europe.
Is 1899 worth watching?
Now that this unusual first season is over, I want to see more of it since it’s captivating, incredibly strange, and scary. Let’s hope it gets to run the complete course.
How many episodes are there in 1899 season 1?
In 1899 there are a total of 8 episodes in 1899 season 1.
How long will it take to watch 1899 season 1?
The first season of 1899 had a 400-minute runtime. Thus, watching the first season of 1899 will take 400 minutes, or 6 hours and 40 minutes.